Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Bean Has Landed

And you guessed it: the Wollguts have had their baby!

Our little baby boy Conrad was born naturally January 29, weighing eight lbs, twelve oz (3958 g) and measuring twenty-two in (56 cm). He's a very social, sweet, and calm baby, and the past ten days truly have been the most amazing, most wondrous, and most beautiful in our lives. I don't have the words to describe how much I love this little guy, but to quote another new mom: "This love thing is AMAZING." So true.

IMG_1147


IMG_1010 copy


*and the most sleep deprived.

9 comments:

  1. What's all this?!?

    Where are the progress shots of the fair isle?!?

    *snigger*

    HA! Seriously, that is probably the handsomest baby I've seen in a long time (and not only because I don't see very many). He is just the sweetest little chocolate truffle, I could eat him up with a spoon (truffle...spoon?...whatever, you know what I mean). Congrats to you both, my dears! (Also: natural birth, eh? Ouch. You are my hero.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He is one gorgeous baby! Congratulations to you! What a great journey you're starting out on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful!He's so cute! Congratulations to all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Such a sweet little guy.....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this for nearly a week?? Congratulations!! Oh, he's sure handsome.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Conrad is a cutie! Those pictures are so sweet. Thanks for commenting on my whale hat so long ago - I never got the e-mail (grr!), but I do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's beautiful and I am broody! One thing I must say, despite you being sleep deprived, try to take in every moment when the baby is this fresh...stare at his little toes, his sleeping face, everything, as they honestly grow SO quickly, and although it feels like every day is longer than before-baby, in a flash he will be crawling and pulling your stitches off the needle! Trust me, I have 4 little people and the teeny stage goes toooooo quickly. Enjoy, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete