Sunday, October 4, 2009

Red Sox

I'm among the five percent of Bostonians who neither follow nor care to follow the Red Sox. There's nothing wrong with baseball, but I don't understand it. It remains one of those American mysteries that even Hubs can't solve for me, despite his many attempts at trying to explain. Judging by the noise both downstairs and across the landing, there's another ball game tonight. Guess who's wearing the red socks for real?

Tah-dah!

Nanner Socks


May I present: Wendy D. Johnson's Nanner Socks. I knit size L using #0 needles. I did 1x1 ribbing for the back of the leg for extra stretchiness. I tried to reverse the pattern for the second sock for it to become the mirror image of the first, alas, that didn't work out.

Nanner Socks


That concludes my SKA September KAL. I completed the mystery socks and a Wendy design. I had plans to join the October KAL because the challenge is a man's pattern and I want to make a pair for my dad. Now I'm having second thoughts though: I really do want to make progress on my sweater, and that requires a sock break. A short one at least.

Where might this lead...?

IMG_1807

No comments:

Post a Comment