Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cute!

That's what I think this is:

IMG_2380


Many thanks to Ivete, A-L, and Yarnhog for their comments about Bumpy. For my own peace of mind and in acknowledgment of the baby's current size (7 pounds, according to ultrasound, with one more month to grow) I frogged the cardigan and will redo it on larger needles and/or in a larger size. But to meet Monday's deadline I put aside this slightly more time-consuming project and cast on for a super quick baby knit: Jennifer Hagan's Baby Soft Cardigan, in Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton. The knitting took just one evening; sewing the itty bitty pieces together took the next morning. It was my first attempt at sewing (that's why it took so long), and I think the seams turned out alright. I think they are a bit chunky to be comfortable, but... but... but I just won't worry about it:

IMG_2340


This morning I went to my favorite LYS to pick up buttons. Nice daylight pic, but without fastened buttons yet:

IMG_2373


Slightly less well-lit picture, but with the buttons sewn to the cardi, all twenty (!) ends woven in, and a crocheted border:

IMG_2389


I really, really like how it turned out. The Hubs responded with "pretty cute," which is his way of saying, "awwwww.... soooo cute!!!!!!!!"

Speaking of the Hubs: he went to the Head of the Charles Regatta this morning to hang out with old college pals. I would have joined him, except I had to get buttons. Upon my announcement that I would be going to the LYS by myself he made jokes regarding my yarn allowance, and he meant to tease me when he said that I could use all the quarters I would find in our house. I took the challenge and collected all the change residing in different jugs and bowls and drawers, and I took the quarters to the bank and exchanged them for crisp bills worth all of this:

IMG_2429


That's enough Cascade Ecological Wool for Norah Gaughan's Heron. And a little bit of much-reduced Rowan Four Ply Soft to try my luck at color work (I'm going for Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mittens). Yeah!!! (Just to clarify, my husband isn't a miser or in control of my spending habits; the whole quarter thing was a bit of a joke, but a very lucrative one.)

As I returned home from the LYS, Clara's new book was waiting for me. I already have a favorite pattern (may have something to do with the color):

IMG_2427


And by the time the Hubs got back from the river, he too had gotten a package: his new computer arrived that will make the math magic happen even at home, not just in the office. However, he lacked the energy to be all enthusiastic about it, because the poor fella suffered fairly badly from allergies and went straight to bed. Which is where I'm going now, too.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...so cuuuuute! I love how that turned out! And the color...mmmm!

    I'll bet hubs was surprised when you showed him your haul. :)

    ReplyDelete