Thursday, May 31, 2012

Color Affection: Me Too!

I'm sure you too can name a handful of knitters who have a serious crush on Veera Välimäki, and that you too noticed how her garter stitch shawls pop up everywhere. Her Stripe Study Shawl (2.499 projects on Ravelry!), Different Lines (832), and Color Affection (2.999) are really fun, stripy, colorful garter stitch shawls. For I while I resisted the trend, but once I saw Vicki's Affectionately Mine, I wanted one too.

Yesterday I mentioned that I fell hard for Malabrigo Arroyo; when I paired (grouped?) these three colors together, the result had "Color Affection" written all over it.

Color Affection-1.jpg


And so, three weeks later, I'm in happy possession of my very own Color Affection:

Color Affection-3.jpg


Color Affection-4.jpg


Color Affection-5.jpg


Color Affection-6.jpg


The shawl is huge, but beautifully light and airy. Love!

2 comments:

  1. No doubt, I love many of Veera's designs... the already large number for Color Affection skyrocketed after the Yarn Harlot recently mentioned/knit it. My "shawl" is much more scarf-like, which I don't mind at all. Yours is beautiful -- the colors are luminous! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your shawl! How long did it take? Do you knit continental style? I am trying to figure why you are so much more productive than me, even though you have a similarly busy schedule, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete