(Just imagine this in sunshine and green trees. Cute, huh? Yeah, I can't wait for spring either.)
Now, the inside is just as beautiful: the logs are visible, there's antique-y furniture, original art, and--yarn! Kamille's specializes in Plymouth Yarns, which I like, and yarns by Crystal Palace and Feza, which I don't like. Those three brands are the most prominent. There's a little Noro, a little Kraemer, some Berroco. The store carries plenty o' books, booklets and notions; there's a cozy sitting area downstairs and a classroom upstairs. Classes? Yes, very soon Ann Budd is going to teach four workshops here.
After an adventurous drive to a residential neighborhood way south, I arrived at my last stop, Three Wishes Fiber Arts. Once at a mall that got depressingly empty, the store moved to the backyard of the shop owner's house: Kristine built a cottage behind her house and, voilĂ , made it her new LYS.
Looks weird, is unorthodox, but it works. The inside of the cabin is a real yarn shop: there's a table large enough for the group of knitters who were happily stitching 'n' bitching when I arrived, and the floor-to-ceiling shelves are full of yarn: lots of Ella Rae, Thaki, and Manos del Uruguay, some Elemental Affects, St. Denis, and Fiber Optica, some Zauberball, Lang Yarns, and Filatura. And tons of stuff for weavers and spinners! Kristine wants to add a patio soon for happy summer knitting. If her cottage weren't so far away, I'd join!
How cool! What is your issue with Crystal Palace? I am thinking about getting some of their chenille to make face cloths, but I've never actually knit with any of their yarns.
ReplyDeleteJayJay... I don't mind Crystal Palace, but this particular store seemed to carry predominantly the glitzy, sparkly, fuzzy kind, and I don't like that type of yarn. You made me go to the official Crystal Palace website, and there are yarns I do like. In fact, I've knitted with Taos before, and loved it. Are you thinking about the cotton chenille? Let me know what you think!
ReplyDelete