Of course I'm not a monogamous knitter, and I spiced up my self-inflicted bobble-boredom by making two cowls. I'm obsessed with cowls (infinity scarves?) these days and want to make a hundred of them (like this one, and this, and this). Seriously, cowls are awesome. They give every outfit that certain something, they keep you warm and cozy, they hide stains on your shirt, they cover up a v-neck that has gotten too big in the laundry. They are... perfect.
The December cowl was just a start. These two followed in quick succession:
The Herringbone Cowl. Made of yum yum yum Shibui Knits Baby Alpaca DK in Cranberry (X-mas gift from DH). Pure love. (But a b. to make.) (Nevermind that. I'm making another one. With Cascade Eco Wool, I think.)
And then the Moebius Cowl by Cat Bordhi. Everyone's got to try a Moebius, right? And I had two skeins of luscious Lush by Classic Elite. Matched with Shibui Silk Cloud it's fuzzy decadence.
Granted, this isn't the oversized style I usually go for. But I have a deep v-neck sweater in exactly that color that I'm too prudish (too professional?) to wear to work, yet with the cowl it's a perfect teaching outfit. Plus, it is sooooooo soft.
Currently on the needles: something in HOT! PINK! I hope to show it soon.
Those are 2 lovely cowls. I think Im adding both to my queue!
ReplyDeleteI made Cat Bordhi's moebius cowl a few years ago -- love that thing, but I wonder where it is?? I think I have a pile o' knits gone missing!
ReplyDeleteThose are so pretty! The second one seems light enough even for our mild winters. I may have to try it!
ReplyDelete