International mail at that. And look what was in the big, padded envelope: a hand-sewn bag, made specifically to my liking by DW! Thank you, danke, merci, and kiitos!! I won DW's giveaway of one of her farmer's market bags, and, folks, it is beautiful! Don't know if I want to throw dirty 'tatoes in there or juicy heirloom tomatoes. DW, you made my day!
So much so that I thought it's time for a blog post. It's been two months, and the reason for the long hiatus bears the evil name of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Either one of two causes is to blame: (1) dissertation or (2) pregnancy (personally I suspect that a combination of the two was at work).
As to (1): As perhaps mentioned before (ha ha), I had a busy summer. I typed, deleted, and typed some more for about twelve hours a day, every day for two months, but at the end I did finish the darn D. In mid-August I submitted the sucker, and while I'm still in the process of revising it, the dissertation is for all intents and purposes done. The defense is scheduled for November, and I'm in blissful denial about the details. In any event, my left wrist gave up just a few days before I turned in the opus magnum.
And (2)? Things are going really really well. The Bean is the male kind (it's a boy it's a boy it's a boy! Hurrah hurrah!!), and he and I have already made it past the halfway point. Not that evidence was needed, but the ultrasound pictures clearly show that the boy is absolutely adorable. A complete cutie. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing his movements, and by now he's advanced to handing out pretty solid kicks. Even Hubs can feel the boy! The only downside to pregnancy: increased amounts of fluids, which in my case caused CTS. Meh.
Because of CTS I can neither
(1) type nor
(2) knit.
Now you understand why this blog has taken the route of Sleeping Beauty and is temporarily hibernating. Not being able to knit for baby really sucks. Not blogging (or emailing!) sucks, too.
And now you need to forgive me, but that's as much typing I can do in one day... I'll leave you with photo a yours truly...


Wonderful bag! And you -- GORGEOUS!! Sorry about the CTS affecting the knitting/typing -- I suffered through that, too.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great bag!! And you are looking fabulous.
ReplyDelete